Senior Creative Art Director
Do you want to love what you do at work? Do you want to make a difference, an impact, transform people’s lives? Do you want to work with a team that believes in disrupting the normal, boring and average?
If yes then this is the job you’re looking for. UXBERT Labs is Saudi Arabia’s first User Experience, Usability and eCommerce consultancy.
We believe in making the world user-friendly. We fight for the users and innovate using user-centered design processes with the newest technologies to create beautifully designed lovable products and services that are simple to use and user-friendly.
We’re looking for an experienced Creative Art Director to join our Riyadh HQ with a passion for creativity, experience to deliver ‘wow’, the process for innovation and experience to grow and nurture a team of the most talented designers in the region.
Are you passionate about your skills and talents? Are you a design ninja? Would you love to research, tinker and experiment with the latest design trends and technologies like touch devices, mobiles, smartwatches, TVs, glasses, smart TVs/displays, and even 3D virtual reality glasses? Do you aim for excellence and achieve it with a smile? Do you want to work in a fun, creative, open-minded environment where you find inspiration and learn something new every day? Then you should apply for this awesome job at the Expert Usability Lab today.
Creative Art Director Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the on-time delivery and execution of all creative, art and design work
- Lead the seamless process, integration, and coordination between Research, Design and Engineering teams
- Pitch, consult, manage and train clients and project teams on UX and usability methods
- Manage company brand and style guidelines to support consistent visual identity
- Lead design research experiments at the most advanced usability engineering lab in the region
- Introduce and integrate process improvements, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions to the company
- Responsible for all information architecture diagrams, UX workflow diagrams, wireframes, proofs-of-concept, and interactive prototypes. Holistic design solutions that address business and user requirement.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of the user-centered design process
- Foster collaboration and present cohesive interaction, design, and user experience approaches to a non-design audience
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders, graphic designers, and developers to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Act as a UX evangelist, speaking and running workshops, ensuring others understand the value of UX activities and help develop and drive user experience strategy
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the digital design space
- Serve as a mentor for other user experience designers
Skills and Experiences Requirements
- Have a strong understanding and hands-on experience of service design principles
- Have a strong understanding and hands-on experience of user-centered design principles
- Have plenty of experience running UX, design and innovation research, workshops and presenting talks
- Experienced in Design Thinking and Service Design Methodologies
- ROI-driven with strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Strives to deliver all projects on-time even under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership ability by enabling others to act, challenging the process and modeling the way forward
- Demonstrates a positive, self-starter attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strategic, cross-functional thinker able to gather buy-in from leadership for ideas and projects
- Takes accountability for the team’s output and ensures a high degree of precision and analytical integrity
- Fosters a positive work environment for direct and indirect team members
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in the role of Design
- Proven understanding of and experience with the user-centered design process; development of organizational/structural concepts for the website; project processes for the development of large-scale website projects; documentation requirements for web development teams; application of content management
- Proficient using wireframing and prototyping tools such as Axure or Balsamiq
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment
- Thorough, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written
A minimum bachelor’s degree in art, design or media-related fields. Applicants degree in one of the fields above PLUS a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience will be considered.
How to Apply
Email your CV and a tailored covering letter to careers [at] uxbert [dot] com.
Your covering letter should be in the email body, explaining why we should hire you, your relevant experience for the job and what you’d bring to the team. Feel free to stand out creatively, the more you do the more likely you’ll be to get our attention.
In order to help us filter out spam applications and help ensure yours is read, make the subject line of your email “Art Director from Mars”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com