Frontend Engineer / Web Developer UX/UI
Frontend Engineer/Developer Job Available in Riyadh
We believe the User Experience is what matters. We love to create simple products that people love to use through scientific usability, user psychology and consumer behavior research.
Uxbert is Saudi Arabia’s first User Experience, Usability and Ecommerce research, training, consulting, design and development company in Riyadh.
It features the first Usability Lab in the Kingdom. The Uxbert Usability Lab is equipped with state of the art technologies like eye tracking research devices and industry leading usability research software to bring the Saudi ecommerce and online market and entrepreneurs a facility where they can focus on user research, evaluation and user testing of all their web and mobile applications and services across various devices and browsers.
The team consists of certified usability and user experience professionals that spend their days creating in-house Uxbert products, researching, consulting and training companies and entrepreneurs for their products.
Uxbert is also a startup accelerator that provides entrepreneurs with start up capital, resources and lean UX and MVP business expertise to test, validate and present their ideas and get their startups off the ground.
At our company, we believe in making the world a better place for everyone. We believe in making the world user friendly.
We fight for the users, by scientifically studying user psychology, behaviour and consumer economics we innovate using user centered design processes with the newest technologies to create beautifully designed lovable products and services that are simple to use and user friendly.
Do you want to love what you do at work? Do you want to make a difference, an impact, transform peoples lives? Do you want to work with a team that believes in disrupting the normal, boring and average?
Are you passionate about your skills and talents? Are you a ninja web developer? Would you love to research, tinker and experiment with the latest interface trends and technologies like touch devices, mobiles, smart watches, TVs, glasses , smart TVs/displays and even 3D virtual reality glasses? Do you aim for excellence and achieve it with a smile? Do you want to work in a fun, creative, open minded environment where you find inspiration and learn something new everyday? Then you should apply for this awesome job at the Uxbert Usability Lab today.
Research, document, wireframe, prototype, develop and test responsive websites, mobile applications, landing pages and automate business processes using electronic technologies to provide highly usable solutions with rich user experience with necessary documentation to clearly communicate the solution to the team which meets business and user goals.
Coordinate and work with project teams, UX architects, designers, clients, vendors and creative agencies in order to ensure a consistent experience across different teams and projects to build an deliver secure, scalable and low-latency services
Pitch, consult, manage and train clients and project teams on UX, usability methods, best practicesand efficient development processes.
- Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written
Preference will be given to those already in Saudi Arabia
- Educated to at least a degree level in Computer Science with a focus on usability.
- At least 3 years development experience
- Experience in the following technologies PHP, MySQL, MVC frameworks, Django, Drupal, WordPress, Bootstrap, jQuery, LESS, Sass
- Thorough understanding and experience in developing mobile first
- Experience in opening Adobe image files (Illustrator, Fireworks, Photoshop) slicing/extracting optimized images to coding into HTML CSS products without using ‘themes’ and frameworks
- Excellent in creating semantic, clean and modular CSS structures
- Excellent cross browser CSS knowledge
- Experience in debugging CSS issues on large systems and CMSs
- Strong experience in developing responsive layouts, using grids, with the latest interaction and UI patterns and the ability to identify users’ mental models.
- Experience in using version control systems like GIT
- Experience using wireframing and prototyping tools like Axure, Balsamiq is an added advantage, along with experience in running usability tests.
- Knowledge of visual design principles composition, balance, proximity, alignment, consistency, contrast, white space, color theory and typography.
- Knowledge of user centered design, usability engineering and user experience principles, guidelines, deliverables, methods and processes.
- Knowledge of usability engineering methods, e.g. documenting user requirements in use cases, user stories, story boards and developing process flows, wireframes and site maps
- Analytical capabilities to translate user requirements into interactive prototypes with focus on user interaction and user experience. Strong attention to details with the skills to ask the right questions and communicate solutions in an exciting manner to clients and team
- Solid experience in documenting software solutions using diagrams and flow charts.
- Experience in release management, online digital analytics, conversion optimization test execution like a/b testing and multivariate testing, search engine optimization/marketing, social media marketing management, strategies and execution is an added advantage.
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities within budget requirements
- Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills; dynamic flexible team player with the ability to lead or be led. Excellent communication and customer service skills for brainstorming, critical thinking and discussions with the ability to take direction to meet creative and business needs with extreme attention to detail and consistency.
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to senior management
- Strong personality, self motivated and dedicated to deliver high quality solutions to the business with a drive for innovation and a positive attitude
How to Apply
Email your CV, portfolio and a tailored covering letter to careers [at] uxbert [dot] com.
Your covering letter should be in the email body, explaining why we should hire you, your relevant experience for the job and what you’d bring to the team. Feel free to stand out creatively, the more you do the more likely you’ll be to get our attention. Speaking of attention, in order to help us filter out spam applications and help ensure yours is read, make the subject line of your email “Frontend Developer from Mars”. If you don’t, there’s a good chance your email won’t be opened.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org